- A reply from the UK government to my request for road gritting open data
- Help Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons by transcribing small pieces of text
- BBC open licences voice samples from radio programmes; ‘Speakerthon’ event invitation
- Using IrfanView for image slideshows
- What have I been up to, lately?
- Beginners guide to Open Licensing your Images | AIM Blog for independent museums and heritage sites on Open-licensing your images. What it means and how to do it.
- Wikipedia wants celebrity voice recordings, to remove that boredom of just reading | techjaja on Requesting open-licensed, open-format recordings of the voices of Wikipedia subjects for Wikimedia Commons
- Wikipedia adding celebrity voices to wiki pages to preserve them for future generations - The Headlines Now - Live News India, World, Business, Technology, Sports, Fashion, LifeStyle & Entertainment on Requesting open-licensed, open-format recordings of the voices of Wikipedia subjects for Wikimedia Commons
- Introducción por voz en Wikipedia: qué es y cómo participar on Requesting open-licensed, open-format recordings of the voices of Wikipedia subjects for Wikimedia Commons
- Wikipedia adding celebrity voices to wiki pages to preserve them for future generations | Daily Tech News on Requesting open-licensed, open-format recordings of the voices of Wikipedia subjects for Wikimedia Commons
- The Unsecured State Part 5 – Abandoned Inquiries ← Terence Eden's Blog
- Stephen Fry records his voice for Wikipedia | Wikimedia UK Blog
- The Chamberlain Files - Council in danger of being as outdated as 'quill pens and gas lamps'
- First time at an Unconference? | UKGovcamp
- Speakerthon: Sharing Voice Samples | Open Education Working Group
Category Archives: hyperlocal
Andy Mabbett is not happy with the government’s delayed and inadequate response to his request for open data on gritting routes. Continue reading
I very much enjoyed attending Local Gov Camp North West last weekend. Although it was attended by fewer people than other unconferences I’ve been to (due to people crying off for fear the impending snowpocalypse would leave them stranded in … Continue reading
Transport Scotland/ ScotRail refuse plaque marking Jordanhill Station as subject of one-millionth Wikipedia article
Andy Mabbett is disappointed by Transport Scotland’s response to his suggestion of a plaque to mark Jordanhill station as the subject of Wikipedia’s one-millionth article. Continue reading
Andy Mabbett is mentioned in a new blog post by Dan Slee, about HyperLocal Govcamp West Midlands, BrewCamp, and cake Continue reading