- Wikimania Free Culture Weekend | Wikimedia UK Blog on Requesting open-licensed, open-format recordings of the voices of Wikipedia subjects for Wikimedia Commons
- Tom on ORCID plugin for WordPress
- Podcast episode 4 – Andy Mabbett | da.vebrig.gs on Open-licensing your images. What it means and how to do it.
- Podcast episode 4 – Andy Mabbett | da.vebrig.gs on ORCID plugin for WordPress
- Andy Mabbett on Do you make comments on others’ blogs? Bookmark and share them!
- The benefits of blogging about your research | British Ornithologists' Union
- The 1% of Scientific Outputs — A Story of Strawmen, Sensationalism, and Scopus | The Scholarly Kitchen
- Mass balloon launch at Rastrick High School as pupils think about their hopes and ambitions - Huddersfield Examiner
- What Staffordshire County Council’s breakdown of FOI applicants tells us about the authority | David Higgerson
- Wikidata:Property proposal/Person - OpenPlaques
Author Archives: Andy Mabbett
Andy Mabbett has worked on a WordPress plugin to add ORCID identifiers to author profiles and user comments in WordPress blogs Continue reading
Andy Mabbett is not happy with the government’s delayed and inadequate response to his request for open data on gritting routes. Continue reading
Andy Mabbett invites you to help Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons by transcribing small pieces of text, such as those on images of foundation stones and signposts. Continue reading
Andy Mabbett explains how to make images into slideshows, with optional audio, using “IrfanView”, a Windows-based software package that is free for non-commercial use. Continue reading
Trevor Mabbett’s comments on ‘The Man on the Beat’, a 1945 British Council film made in Ledsam Street, Ladywood, Birmingham. Continue reading